Colorado State University
Office: CSB 448
- Research focus
- My lab specializes in applications of machine learning in bioinformatics. We are developing methods for predicting protein function and interactions, and are studying the process of alternative splicing in plants using next generation sequencing data.
- A new interdisciplinary program at CSU
- CSU was funded by NSF to start a new interdisciplinary program in the interface of biology and the computational sciences. We are seeking applicants for this program; see the GAUSSI program website. Each year eight one-year NSF fellowships will be awarded.
- Bioinformatics at the CS department
- The bioinformatics group at the department has recently grown and now includes Christina Boucher and Hamidreza Chitsaz.
- Undergraduate research
- Learn more about the area of bioinformatics by participating in research projects conducted in my lab.