ICST 2008 Call for Workshops
First International Conference on Software Testing,
Verification and Validation
April 9-11 2008
The new IEEE International Conference on Software Testing Verification and Validation (ICST'08) will offer an open forum for software testing, verification and validation research and its transfer to practice. The conference will host a number of workshops that will provide a collaborative forum for a group of participants to exchange recent and/or preliminary results, to conduct intensive discussions on a particular topic, or to coordinate efforts between representatives of a technical community. Each workshop should provide a balanced distribution of time between the presentation of papers and discussions. The duration of these workshops is one day. These will be IEEE workshops and organizers have the option of publishing the proceedings in the IEEE digital library.
We encourage workshop organizers to submit proposals focusing on particular aspects of model-based software testing, domain specific testing, empirical studies of testing techniques, and the technology transfer of research results to software development practices. Other topic areas will also be considered.
Deadline for submissions: September 21, 2007
Notification: October 12, 2007
Date of the workshops: April 9, 2008
A workshop proposal should contain the following information:
- Workshop Title
- Primary Contact
- Organizers (name / affiliation / background)
- Draft web page (if one exists)
- Workshop program committee (indicated as finalized or expected)
- Intended audience
- Intended paper format (expected submission, evaluation process, intended publication of accepted papers, etc.)
- Intended workshop format (duration, number of presentations, proceedings publication, etc.)
- Past events related to your workshop (previous sessions, previous implication of the current organizers, etc.)
- What kind of equipment do you need (data projector, computer, blackboard, etc.)?
- How many participants do you expect (please make at least an educated guess)?
- A one page "Call For Papers" that you intend to send out if your workshop is accepted (drafts are fine).
Submit your workshop proposal electronically in PDF to email@example.com.