Clearing Immigration in Jamaica
You will need the hotel address when you clear immigration. The
address of the conference venue is:
Half Moon Resort
Flying into Jamaica and Montego Bay
A number of airlines serve Montego Bay (MBJ). There are direct flights from
several cities in the US, Canada (e.g., Toronto), and Europe (e.g., London
and Frankfurt). For a list of airlines and
cities with connections to Montego Bay, please click
Conference attendees may want to take a direct international flight into
Montego Bay. The other option is to fly into Kingston and then take a
domestic flight from there instead of driving to Montego Bay.
fares on Air Jamaica
Air Jamaica is offering special fares for MoDELS conference attendees.
Valid travel dates are from September 25 till October 09, 2005.
Fares from US gateways to MBJ are shown in the table below. Add
applicable government taxes to fares. Currently the taxes/security
fees are USD 104.00 and are subject to change.
|US Gateways to MBJ
||Airfare Round Trip (not including tax)
- No discounts on joint fares, senior citizens or children's fare.
- If lower promotional (sale) fares are available for the travel
dates at time of booking, attendees may book these lower fares with no
additional discount. All conditions of promotional fares will apply.
Changes to Reservations/Reissues
- Permitted within validity at a charge of USD $100.
Cancellation and Refund
- Ticket is non-refundable.
Booking and Ticketing Procedure
- Call 1-800-523-5585 and refer to "MoDELS INTL CONFERENCE"
- Payment by major credit/debit card through Air Jamaica's Ticket Offices
or Ticket By Mail Dept.
- Ticket endorsement: "MoDels Intl Conference" nonend/nonref.
Valid JM only.
- Ticketing deadline: 14 days before departure or 7 days after booking
whichever comes first.
- Deal code must be entered in the Tour Code Box at ticketing point
Disclaimer: The following information was obtained from the website:
Please double-check for accuracy.
Nationals of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Jamaica
Chile, Costa Rica,
Fiji, Finland, France,
Iceland, Israel, Italy,
San Marino, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland,
United States of America
Nationals of the following countries will be issued visas at ports of entry
Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia,
The Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia
Commonwealth countries: A * indicates that a visa is required.
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia,
Papua New Guinea,
St. Kitta and Nevis,
St. Vincent and the Grenadines,
* Sri Lanka,
Trinidad and Tobago,
Nationals from the following countries need a visa prior to arrival in Jamaica:
Central African Republic,
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya,
Sao Tome and Principe
- Visitors from US and Canada, click here.
- Visitors from Europe, click here.
- A more detailed list of Jamaican embassies and consulates can be found
Half Moon Resort, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Click here for
details regarding hotel room rates and reservation information.
Reservations at the contracted rates can be made until
Monday, September 19, 2005!
The Half Moon Golf, Tennis and Beach Club is on Jamaica's northern coast,
minutes from Sangster International Airport. There are 419 rooms, suites
and royal villas.
Royal villas are 5-7 room buildings with their own living rooms and small
meeting space. Each royal villa has a cook who will fix breakfast; you
provide the raw materials. There is a local commissary near the royal villas.
General Information about Montego Bay, Jamaica
Some interesting facts:
- Elevation: 10 feet
- Latitude: 18 30 N
- Longitude: 077 55 W
- Average temperature: 82 °F / 27 ° C
- Average high temperature: 82 °F / 27 ° C
- Average low temperature: 76 °F / 24 ° C
- Average precipitation: 7.4 in / 18 cm
The transport service, JUTA (Jamaican Union for Travellers Association)
is specifically designed for visitors. They are equipped with a fleet of
well-maintained, air-conditioned cars, buses, coaches and luxury
vehicles, each piloted by experienced and friendly drivers.
For more information on banks, currency, climate, communication facilities,
driving, electricity, geography and more, please click
All links open in a new window.