Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a financial award for the academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. In addition, all scholarship recipients and finalists will be invited to attend a retreat at Google. We know how important a supportive peer network can be for a student’s success. The retreat will include workshops, speakers, panelists, breakout sessions and social activities scheduled over a couple of days.
- Be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in the United States for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science