Wim Bohm and Partners PhD Support 2018: Call for Award Proposals
The Wim Bohm and Partners PhD Support Fund was established
in 2015 with the goal of supporting Colorado State University Computer Science
PhD students, when they are done with their courses and preliminary work and
need to concentrate fully on finishing their research and writing up their thesis.
The award of $12,500 should allow a student to do this for one semester.
The winner of the 2018 award is Nirmal Prajapati working on "Accelerator Design
using Cost Models". Congratulations, Nirmal!
The winner of the 2017 award was Anant Shah working on "Systems for Characterizing
For the 2018 award we invite proposals from CSU Computer Science PhD students.
The proposal should contain:
- a description of the research
- the status of the research
- how the award would expediate finishing the work
- a time-line of deliverables
- the preferred semester for the funding
- February 28, 2018. Submit a proposal of at most five pages in pdf
format to bohm at cs dot colostate dot edu. The proposal should contain a
return e-mail address.
- In order to qualify for this award, according to CNS rules, you need to
fill out an application - This application is due March 1.
To find the application
Complete the general application and the CNS supplemental application.
Then click the 'My CSUSA is Done' button.
- Log into Ramweb
- Click 'Financial Aid' (right-hand menu)
- Click CSU Scholarship Application (CSUSA)
- March 19, 2018. Announcement of the award on this web site and by
e-mail to the recipient.
When finished, recipients are asked to write a short final report, describing
their academic achievements.