Wim Bohm and Partners PhD Support: Call for Award Proposals
The Wim Bohm and Partners PhD Support Fund was established
in 2015 with the goal of supporting Computer SciencePhD students, when
they are done with their courses and preliminary work and need to
concentrate fully on finishing their research and writing up their thesis.
The award of $12,500 should allow a student to do this for one semester.
We invite proposals from CSU Computer Science PhD students. The proposal
- a description of the research
- the status of the research
- how the award would expediate finishing the work
- a time-line of deliverables
- the preferred semester for the funding
- April 30, 2017. Submit the proposal of at most five pages in pdf
format to bohm at cs dot colostate dot edu. The proposal should contain a
return e-mail address.
- May 31, 2017. Announcement of the award on this web site and by
e-mail to the recipient.
When finished, recipients are asked to write a short final report.
- The winner of the Fall 17 award is Anant Shah. Anant is building and
analyzing Systems for Characterizing Internet Routing. Anant will use the
award to complete his dissertation. Congratulations Anant!