- Adele Howe
Office: 446 CS Building
Office Hours: Mon 2-3PM, Tues 10:45-11:45AM, Wed 8-9AM
- Thomas Harrison
Office Hours: Wed 1-3
- Reza Iraji
Office Hours: Tues 4-6, Thur 3-5
- Lecture Time and Place:
- 9:30AM-10:45AM, Tue, Thur, Plant Science C101
CS 200 revisits and extends the principles of programming and discrete math concepts
that are introduced in CS 161 and applies them to the development, analysis, and
implementation of data structures and efficient software. The course is taught using
the Java Programming Language and an Object Oriented approach to data structures and
algorithms. Specific topics in data structures/algorithms include advanced sorting,
queues, stacks, hash tables, trees, and graphs. Advanced topics from theory include
complexity analysis, relations, and mathematical induction.
Extensive practice through programming exercises and written assignments that explore
discrete math concepts are principal activities of the course.
- Recitations will meet starting Monday August 25.
- No recitations meet on Monday September 1 (Labor Day). Students in the two Monday sessions should read
R2 off of the Progress page, do the exercises in the attached pdf file and show the results to Thomas Harrison
during his office hours or a later recitation.
- Extension for PA1: Due to an issue with the checkin program, PA1 is now due by noon on Friday 9/12 with no late period.
- Extension for PA4: Due to a bug in the oracle, PA4 is now due by noon on Friday 11/21 with no late period.