- Bruce Draper
Office: CSB 442
Office Hours: Th:10:00-11:00AM, Fri:2:00-3:00
- Fereydoon Vafaei
Office: CSB 235 Desk 10 (120 lab during the office hours)
Office Hours: Wed:4:00-5:00pm, Fri:9:00-10:00am
- Tomojit Ghosh
Office: CSB 335 Desk 9 (120 lab during the office hours)
Office Hours: Mon:11:00am-1:00pm, Tue:2:00-3:00, Th:11:00-1:00, Fri:1:00-2:00
- Lecture Time and Place:
- 10:00 - 10:50, Mon, Wed, Fri, Behavioral Sciences 131
- Recitation 1 Time and Place:
- 1:00-1:50, Mon, CSB 225
- Recitation 2 Time and Place:
- 3:00-3:50, Wed, CSB 225
- Recitation 3 Time and Place:
- 3:00-3:50, Fri, CSB 225
- Recitation 4 Time and Place:
- 1:00-1:50, Fri, CSB 225
- Recitation 5 Time and Place:
- 8:00-8:50, Wed, CSB 225
CS253 is the final course in the programming sequence that
includes CS160, CS161, CS200 and CS270. One goal of CS253 is
to teach C++, since the previous courses in the curriculum are
in Java (CS160/161/200) or C (CS270). The more significant goal,
however, is to complete the process of training a professional
programmer. When this course is complete, you should have a
better understanding of (1) the strengths, weaknesses and
roles of different languages; (2) how C++ and Java programs are mapped onto hardware;
(3) different models of object oriented programming;
(4) memory management models; (5) how to write efficient code;
and (6) how to exploit templates.
In addition, you should be better at using software
development tools. The recitations (which are a mandatory and
important part of the course) give hands-on experience with
tools used for software development in Linux, including
gdb, subversion, valgrind and google test.
- Study Code for the Final is now posted on the Assignments Page!!!
- (May 5) PA7 interim grades in Checkin shows if your program has passed the tests or not (10 pts compile, 10 pts valgrind, 1 pt per test case, max 24). PA7 final grades in RamCT are based on the timing and efficiency.
- (May 4) PA7 grading test cases are up.