Lab/Program Assignment 1b
Version 1.0 - initial release
Due: 11:59PM on Sunday, June 4th
Late Period: 11:59PM on Tuesday, June 6th
Lab Assignment 1b: Finding your way around queries
- The purpose of this assignment is to introduce you to queries:
- List first name,last name and the current salary of all current employees making more than $90,000 (assume that for current employees to_date field = '9999-01-01' ).
- List first name,last name and the department name of all current employees whose current department number is "d008" or "d009"
- List first name,last name and the title of all current female employees who have the title as "Technique Leader".
- List first name,last name and the current salary of all the current employees except "Senior Engineer". (lowest salaries first)
- List the first name,last name, and the birth date all employees (current and past - youngest employee first)
- List the first name and last name of all current employees who are department managers in all current departments.
- List the first name,last name and current department of the employee who is paid the maximum salary(one line of output only)
- Upload the query file and output file generated while you were executing the assigment.
- Submit the assignment.
- Assignments turned in during the late period are subject to a 20% late penalty.
- In addition, refer to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ for the online MySQL Reference Manual, as well as information on downloading MySQL onto your own machine.
Overview of Task
For each of the requests below, you will write and execute the queries to provide the information. These queries should be in a single file, which is then executed using the tee command to save the output.
Submitting Your Assignment
Using the Canvas CS 430 Assignment Submission portal
This is Lab Assignment 1b.
For more information on SQL