- Sanjay Rajopadhye
Office: 340 CS Building
Office Hours: see Sanjay's hope page
- Prashant Mehta
Office: 376 CS Building
Office Hours: Monday 1:00-3:00 (Lab 120)
- Lecture Time and Place:
- 9:30-10:45, Tu, Th, CSB Room 325
This is a graduate level course on parallel computing with the
objective to familiarize students with the fundamental concepts,
techniques and tools of parallel computing. Preerquisites are an
undergraduate course in parallel programming (equivalent of CS 475)
and amiliarity with analysis of algorithms and complexity theory
(equivalent of CS 320, or CS 420). Participation in this course
will enable you to better use parallel computing in your
application area, and will prepare you to take advanced courses in
more specific areas of parallel computing. The schedule tab
contains the weekly schedule, links to lecture notes, quizzes,
homework, etc. In addition, the actual discussions will be taking
place on the Piazza, which many of us have found to be much more
convenient than RamCT.
- [08 Feb 2015, 02:00pm] Quiz 1 has been posted on RamCT. Due on Thursday 12 Feb, 09:00am.
- [23 Jan 2015, 11:30am] Checkin for assignment HW0A is now enabled. There is a preliminary automated testing setup which does few basic tests on your submission.
For exact testing command lines and expected results, please check the preliminary testing output. If those tests fail on your submission then please re-check your code.
- [20 Jan 2015, 00:01am] The class pages are now live.
Sanjay is traveling the first day of class., Prashant will review
HW0 for on campus students and answer questions, there will be no
Notes on structure: there are 5 main tabs
- The "Home" tab has late breaking news and announcements
- The "Syllabus" tab has the standard, permanent course information: outline, prerequisites, structure, grading criteria, etc.
- The "Schedule" tab is the main nerve center. It has the chronological structure of the class, including readings, lecture topics, links to lecture videos, and the assignments.
- The other Checkin and RamCT tabs are self explanatory