All assignments for the course are posted at the beginning of
Here is the reading list
- Standing Assignment: read the papers Before each class
meeting, you must read the assigned papers before coming to class
and take notes. You must be prepared to discuss the papers in
class. You should be spending about two to three hours per paper
on this activity. Anything significantly less, and you will not be
able to succeed in the class.
- [HW0: due Friday August 30 @12:00 noon (class participation
Read the papers assigned for the first class meeting for hints on
how to read papers. Write two paragraphs describing how the
suggestions are relevant to you. What are some things in those
papers that you are already doing? What are some things you need
to work on? Email the two paragraphs to Sanjay. Extra credit if
you do this before the first class meeting.
- Standing Assignment: paper reviews
8 required, max
1 per week. You are required to turn in 8 reviews over the course
of the semester. Only one review can be submitted each week that
papers are being discussed in the class. Each review must be
submitted via email to Sanjay before the class where the
paper will be discussed. Preferred formats include text or pdf.
lease see review requirements and
- Paper presentation proposal (Due September 6th before class):
Come to an agreement with instructor about paper you will present
in class. These will be assigned on first-come-first-served basis.
Send email to Sanjay.Rajopadhye@colostate.edu.
- Paper presentation: See the Paper
presentation guidelines. Email slides to Sanjay at least 2
days before your presentation.
- Preliminary project proposal and proposed tool example (Due
September 13th): See overall project
- Project proposal and completed tool example (Due September
29th): See overall project description.
- Mini Research Exam Proposal (Due October 4th): See Mini Research Exam Description.
- Verbal status report (Due October 18th): See overall project description.
- Intermediate report (Due October 30th): See overall project description.
- Mini Research Exam Write up (Due November 10th): See Mini Research Exam Description.
- Final report and poster (Due December 13th): See overall project description. Final report
can be submitted by 11:59pm on Thursday December 15th.