Reading List for CS696
For copies of papers not avialable electonically please
contact Dr. Gupta.
Mobile Computing: Why go Wireless?
- Mobile Computation .
Impact of mobility on distributed computations
Operating Systems Review, Vol. 27, No. 2, April 1993
Wireless Mobile Computing : Challenges in Data Management
In Communications of the ACM, October 1994, pp. 19--27.
Wireless Mobile Computing : Solutions and Challenges in
Data Management for Mobile Computing
SIGMOD RECORD, Vol. 22, No. 1, March 1993
- R. Bagrodia, W. Chu, L. Kleinrock, G. Popeck "Vision, Issues, and Architecture for Nomadic Computing,"
IEEE Personal Communications, December 1995, pp. 14-27.
- George H. Forman and John Zahorjan. The
Challenges of Mobile Computing. IEEE Computer 27, 4 (April
1994), pp. 38-47.
- Satyanarayanan, M Fundamental Challenges in Mobile Computing
Fifteenth ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing
May 1996, Philadelphia, PA
- J. Jannink, D. Lam, N. Shivakumar, J. Widom, and D.C. Cox. Efficient and
Flexible Location Management Techniques for Wireless Communication
Systems. To appear in ACM/Baltzer Journal of Wireless Networks,
S.K. Das, S.K. Sen,
Adaptive Location Prediction Strategies Based on
a Hierarchical Network Model in Cellular Mobile Environment
Proceedings of Second International Mobile Computing Conference (IMCC),
Taiwan, March 1996, pp. 131-140.
Adaptive location management for Mobile-IP
Proc. of the first ACM Mobicom 95, November 95
- B. R. Badrinath and Tomasz Imielinski
Location Management for Networks with Mobile Users In Mobile
Computing ed. T. Imielinski and H. Korth pp 129-152. Kluwer Academic Press.
- R. Prakash and M. Singhal
Dynamic Hashing + Quorum = Efficient Location Management
for Mobile Computing Systems
Unicast Routing and Broadcasting/Multicasting
Charles E. Perkins and David B. Johnson.
Mobility Support in IPv6.
To appear in Proceedings of the Second Annual
International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom'96),
David B. Johnson and David A. Maltz.
Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks.
in Mobile Computing,
edited by Tomasz Imielinski and Hank Korth,
Chapter 5, pages 153-181, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.
- P. Krishna, N. H. Vaidya, M. Chatterjee, D. K. Pradhan,
Approach for Routing in Dynamic Networks,
ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review (CCR), 1997.
- N. H. Vaidya and S. Hameed,
Broadcast in Asymmetric Wireless Environments,
First International Workshop on
Satellite-based Information Services (WOSBIS), Rye, NY, Nov. 1996.
- A. Acharaya and B. R. Badrinath
A framework for delivering multicast messages in networks with mobile
hosts, To appear in ACM/Baltzer Journal of Wireless Networks
Special Issue on Routing in Mobile Communication Networks.
- B. R. Badrinath, A. Acharaya, and T. Imielinski Designing distributed algorithms for mobile computing networks
To appear in Computers and Communications
- G. Welling and B. R. Badrinath A Framework for Environment Aware Applications
To appear in 17th ICDCS Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, May, 1997
- Luca Cardelli. Mobile Computation. In Mobile Object Systems -
Towards the Programmable Internet, J. Vitek and C. Tschudin
Eds., 3-6, LNCS 1222, Springer-Verlag, 1997.
- IPv6 + MOBILE-IP + MRSVP = Internet Cellular Phone?
In Proceedings of the 5th IFIP International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS '97) -
Columbia University, New York, USA, 21-23 May 1997.
- G. Y. Liu and G. Q. Maguire A Mobility-Aware Dynamic Database
Caching Scheme for Wireless Mobile Computing and Communication
Journal on Distributed and Parallel Databases 4,271-288, 1966.
- W.-C. Lee and D. K. Lee Using
Signature and Cahcing Techniques for Information Filtering in Wireless
and Mobile Networks Special Issue on Databases and Mobile
Computing, Journal on Distributed and Parallel Databases, Vol. 4,
No. 3, July 1996, 205-227.
- Barbara, Imielinski, MITL, Rutgers,
Sleepers and Workoholics: Caching Strategies in Mobile
- Patterson, R.H., Gibson, G.A., Satyanarayanan, M. A Status Report on Research in Transparent Informed Prefetching.
Modeling User Mobility
Modeling and Simulation of Mobile Networks
- D. Lam, J. Jannink, D.C. Cox, and J. Widom. Modeling Location
Management in Personal Communication Services. Proceedings of the
1996 IEEE International Conference on Universal Personal
Communications, volume 2 pages 596-601, Cambridge, Massachusetts,
September 1996. Note: much of the material in this conference paper
also appears in the journal paper Teletraffic Modeling for
Personal Communications Services.
- D. Lam, D.C. Cox, and J. Widom. Teletraffic
Modeling for Personal Communications Services. IEEE
Communications, 35(2):79-87, February 1997.
- J. Short, R. Bagrodia, and L. Kleinrock "Mobile Wireless Network System Simulation"
Wireless Networks Journal,
Vol. 1(4), 1995.
S.K. Das, S.K. Sen and P. Agrawal,
Modeling Quality-of-Service Degradation in Multimedia Wireless
Networks, to appear in Proceedings of IEEE International
Conference on Personal Wireless Communications (ICPWC) ,
Mumbai (Bombay), India, Dec. 1997.
Resources for Research