Object-Oriented Problem Analysis (Use Cases)
PART A DUE:
11:59PM, Friday 11 September 2015
PART B DUE:
11:59PM, Sunday 13 September 2015
Goal: To practice concepts related to
Use Case Analysis.
The deadlines are later than usual on account of Labor Day.
Consider a university library system
which maintains records on its
collection of books (both on-the-shelf and checked-out),
and on library users.
Each student identifies four (4) Use Cases for the library system.
For each use case, identify the relevant actors, and
give a brief description of the use case.
(A full Scenario is not necessary; describe
each scenario in a few sentences.)
Discuss this with the other members of your discussion group.
Part A (5 points)
- Part A consists of your initial suggestions to the group posted to the private group forum "D3" (5 points).
- This must be more than
or "Sounds good!"
Be sure to clearly state the reasons or rationale behind your
If you have access to facts or other opinions that
support your opinion, cite those references
Part B (2+3 = 5 points)
- In the private discussion group "D3", post your comments and critique of someone else's posting. (2 points)
- In the private discussion group "D3", prepare a list of all of the use cases and the actors that take play roles in the use cases that your group have agreed upon.
- Make a final posting to the public discussion group "Final group posting: Discussion Assignment 3". Indicate your group number in the thread title. (3 points)
- If you include quotation or thoughts from other sources,
be sure to cite them appropriately
(author, title, publisher, page, etc.).
- You may use HTML within these messages.