Design Class Modeling
PART A DUE:
11:59PM, Friday 2 October 2015
PART B DUE:
11:59PM, Sunday 4 October 2015
Goal: This Discussion Assignment requires you to read about model
generation from code (reverse engineering) and/or have some experience with
tools such as Rational Softare Architect and Eclipse Omondo (EclipseUML),
which generate class diagrams from code.
Many commercial object modeling tools can, to some extent,
generate design-level class models from program code.
That is, given program code, for example a set of Java files,
the tools can generate a UML class model that represents
Describe at least three
problems that are likely to occur
with the class models that
are generated directly from code.
What is it about the automatically generated models
that will either be inaccurate or will not
represent the intent of the designer?
- Discuss this with the other members of your topic forum.
- Part A consists of your initial suggestions to the group posted in the private discussion group "D6".
- This must be more than
or "Sounds good!"
Be sure to clearly state the reasons or rationale behind your
If you have access to facts or other opinions that
support your opinion, cite those references.
- This part is worth 5 points.
- In the private discussion group "D6", post responses to the initial postings. (2 points)
- In the private discussion group "D6" prepare a final group posting. This posting should include descriptions of three or more problems that are likely to occur with the class models that are generated directly from code.
- Make the final posting to the public discussion board topic "Final group posting: Discussion Assignment 6". Indicate your group name in the thread title. (3 points)
- If you include quotation or thoughts from other sources,
be sure to cite them appropriately
(author, title, publisher, page, etc.).
- You may use HTML within these messages.