Misuse of Code Coverage
PART A DUE:
11:59PM, Friday 17 February 2017
PART B DUE:
11:59PM, Sunday 19 February 2017
The goal of this assignment is to discuss the right way of using code coverage, and what are potential ways to misuse code coverage.
Part A (6 points)
- Various people such as Martin Fowler and Brian Marick have commented on how code coverage can be misused. Based on your own experience in industry or research, or after reading available literature, discuss the challenges that you may bave faced while using code coverage measures, or are likely to encounter if your team decided to use code coverage measures.
Here are some references in case you don't have personal experience:
- How to Misuse Code Coverage, Brian Marick, Link.
- TestCoverage, Martin Fowler, Link.
Part B (4 points)
- Respond to at least one other posting and discuss the ideas. (3 points)
- Prepare (as a group) a list containing all the ideas proposed in your group and post it to the main discussion board. (1 point)
- You must actively participate in the discussion to get a grade.