Model Driven Engineering, Verification, and Validation:
Integrating Verification and Validation in MDE
MoVaH and MoDeVVA are holding their workshops in the same room. The combined
program is available now.
Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) is a development process that extensively uses models and automatic model transformations to handle complex software developments. Many software artefacts, tools, environments and modelling languages have to be developed to make MDE a reality. Consequently, there is a crucial need for effective V&V techniques in this new context. Furthermore, the novelty of this development paradigm gives rise to questions concerning its impact on traditional V&V techniques, and how they can leverage this new approach.
The objective of this workshop on model design, verification and validation (MODEVVA) is to offer a forum for researchers and practitioners who are developing new approaches to V&V in the context of MDE.
Major questions that cross-cut V&V and MDE include: Is the result of a transformation really what the user intended? Is the model correct with respect to the expected security, time, and structural constraints? What models can be used for validation or for verification? Does the implementation, generated after several model transformations, conform to the initial requirements? In order to discuss these problems, we would like to invite submissions related to the following topics:
- V&V techniques for MDE activities, i.e., V&V of model transformations, code generation, etc.
- V&V at the level of the model: techniques for validating a model or generating test cases from models, including simulation, model-checking, model-based testing, etc.
- The application of MDE to validation, testing and verification
- Impact analysis of model changes on validation. What is the result of a change in a model on the previous results of validation?
- Tools and automation
- V&V techniques supporting refinement, abstraction and structuring
- Case Studies and Experience Reports.
This workshop intends to bring together the MDE and V&V communities, both from academia and industry. Specifically:
- Academics and practitioners in the field of general MDE;
- Academics and practitioners in the field of general V&V;
- Academics and practitioners in the MDE community who are applying model checking, testing simulation or other techniques in order to validate models and model transformations that are used in MDE; and
- Academics and practitioners in the formal V&V community who are using model-driven techniques in their analysis and in the validation process.
Proceedings of the workshop will be published in the IEEE Digital Library.
Alain Faivre, CEA-List, France
Sudipto Ghosh, Colorado State University, USA
Alexander Pretschner, ETH Zurich, Switzerland