Yashwant K. Malaiya
Yashwant K. Malaiya is a Professor in Computer Science Department at Colorado State University. He has
published widely in the areas of security vulnerabilities, fault modeling, software and hardware
reliability, testing and testable design.
He received B.Sc. from Govt. Degree College, Damoh, M.Sc. from University
of Saugor and M.Sc. Tech. from BITS, Pilani in India. In
1978 he received
PhD in Electrical Engineering from Utah State University. He was with
State University of New York at Binghamton during 1978-82.
He has co-edited the IEEECS Tech. Series
books ``Software Reliability Models, Theoretical Developments, Evaluation
and Applications'' and ``Bridging Faults and IDDQ Testing''.
He was a guest editor of special issues of
IEEE Software and
IEEE Design & Test.
General Chair , IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), Denver, 2003.
- General Co-Chair, IEEE Asian Test Symposium (ATS), Shanghai, 1999
- General Chair, The Fourth International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), Denver, Nov. 1993.
- General Chair, Sixth International Conference on VLSI Design (VLSI Design '93), Bombay, India, 1993.
- Program Chair, Fifth International Conference on VLSI Design (VLSI Design '92), Bangalore, India, 1992.
- General Chair, 24th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture (Micro-24), Albuquerque, 1991.
- General Chair, IEEE International Workshop on IDDQ Testing (IDDQ-95), Washington D.C., October 1995, 2000.
- Chair Steering Committee, IEEE International Workshop on IDDQ Testing, 1996, 1997.
- Program Co-Chair, The Eighth International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), Albuquerque, Nov. 1997.
- IEEE laision for International Conference on VLSI Design 1994-1998
He has been the chair of TC on Microprogramming and Microarchitecture,
chair of software test subcommittee of TTTC and a vice-chair of
the TCSE subcommittee on software reliability engineering. He has served as a member of the
IEEECS TAB Executive Committee, and a
vice-chair of the
Awards Committee. He is a commissioner of the ABET Computing Accreditation Commission.
IEEE CS Certificate of Appreciation, 2003, "for exceptional effort as General Chair in organizing and running a successful ISSRE 2003".
- IEEE CS Meritorious Service Award, 2002 "For providing skilled management and guidance to the IEEE International Workshop on Defect Based Testing for over five years".
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal, 2000.
- Best Paper Award, ISSRE 1997.
- IEEE CS Golden Core Award, June 1996.
- IEEE CS Certificate of Appreciation Award, Oct. 20, 1996 "For significant leadership contribution to the International IDDQ Test Workshop as Chairman, 1995"
- IEEE CS Meritorious Service Award, Feb. 1993. For Tecgnical and administrative leadership while serving as Chair of the Technical Committee on Microprogramming and Microarchitecture
- Invited lectures at China Academy of Sciences, Beijing, and Shanghai University of Science and Technology (3 weeks), 1989.
- Rotary Club Award: Top B.Sc. student, GD College, Damoh, 1969.
- Sanskrit Scholarship, GMHS School, Damoh, 1963-66.
Publications and technical reports: