Mini Research Exam
Read the department's
The mini research exam for this class differs in the following ways:
- There is no committee, just the instructor.
- A full research exam involves five seed papers. For the mini research
exam you will be using three seed papers.
You will be selecting one paper from those
we have read in the class and finding two related papers that we
are not reading in the class. You do not have to collect more than
the three papers.
- For the mini research exam a paragraph proposing the mini research
exam topic and the list of three papers is due March 10th.
- The mini research exam writeup is due the week before the
presentation on Wednesday and should between 2000 and 5000
words not including the bibliography.
- The mini research exam talk will be 20-25 minutes. The maximum
number of slides permitted will be 12.
- You must set up a practice presentation with the instructor at
least two days before the actual mini research exam.