Sample Program 3 Writeup
Main Theme and Goal
This website is a demo website for the students in the Web Programming class.
The goal of this site is to show the students how to use the required
HTML elements in their own websites. The website will also exhibit some
example Java Applets and MySQL+PHP database applications.
Students in the Web Programming class at UC High.
Preliminary Sketch of Website
Note: The student writeups only have to deal with either Java Applet
requirements or MySQL+PHP requirements, not both.
- HTML Required Elements
- link to page on the internet: on HTML Tutorial page I will have links to
other HTML resources on the internet
- link to a local page: I have a main page which then links to the
HTML Tutorial and to this sample writeup
- image: my sample writeup has an image of my website design and the
HTML Tutorial shows and example of including an image
- html list: this list of required elements uses a dictionary list which
has unordered lists inside it
- Java Applet Required Elements
- basic applet functions: DogYears.java uses the init function, it also
- drawString or Label: DogYears.java creates Labels which print text
to the screen
- respond to a button push or mousedown: DogYears.java responds to a
button push by doing the actual dog years calculation
- MySQL+PHP database Required Elements
- Create a mysql table: created a table called visitor in the mstrout_db
database. It has three fields: fname, lname, and email.
- Use HTML form and PHP to do a query on the table data: the search
command on the Visitor Log example creates a query based on what
the usuer is searching for.
- Use HTML form and PHP to add data to table or update data in some way:
The Add command and the Delete command for the Visitor Log example
satisfy both of these.
.... May 21, 2000