The basic steps in writing programs are:
* Write a problem statement for what you want to do
* Write an outline, if it is complex
* Write up a section in pseudo-code (English instructions)
* Write the section in the computer language of your choice (this is
called things like source code or a program or
* Compile the program. This means use a program called a compiler to
translate your program into something the computer can understand (special
numbers, often called machine code or assembly language).
*Run your program and see if it makes the computer do what you wanted.
* If not, fix the program, and compile and run it again.
The names of the compilers for the languages we will use in this class are:
* javac (for Java)
* perl (for perl)
* (I have to look it up) (for C++)