(Effective for New Admits for Summer 2003 and After)
- New Freshmen need a 107 Selection Index to be admitted directly into CS.
Others will be admitted to Undeclared Math/Engineering Intent and
will be advised in the Center for Advising and Student Acheivement (CASA).
- External Transfer students will need to have completed a calculus course
and a computer programming course and have a 2.5 GPA. Students not meeting
these criteria will be admitted to Undeclared Math/Engineering Intent.
- Internal Transfer students will need to have completed CS160 and MATH160, each
with at least a C or better, and have a 2.5 overall CSU GPA to change into the
Computer Science major.
- CS160 and CS161 and CS200 will be open to all students with proper
prerequisites. CS270 and above will be closed to all but CS Majors and CS
Minors and ECE Majors.
- No students will be allowed to declare a CS Minor as an
Undeclared Math/Engineering Intent (or any undeclared major). Students wishing to
declare a CS minor will be held to the same standards as those applying to
the major (though MATH141 may be substituted for MATH160 for minors).