This course presents a bottom-up introduction to computer
architecture, beginning with digital gates and number representation;
building up through the Von Neumann model, Instruction Set
Architecture (ISA) and assembly language; and ending with C programs
interacting with assembly programs. Most of the concepts in this
course will be reinforced through programming assignments in C.
In CS 270 students write a number of C programs to learn concepts by
programming them and to build confidence in the C programming
language, which is an important language used frequently in industry
and systems research. There will be at least one deliverable a week.
- May 15 (Jack) RamCT will now show your:
The letter grade that you see is the one that you will get.
- raw final exam score (Final)
- curved final exam score (Final-curved)
- percentage of possible points (Weighted Total)
- letter grade (LetterGrade)
Read this if you have questions about your grade.
- May 13 (Jake) Regraded PA10 scores are now released in RamCT and Checkin.
- May 12 (Jake) PA10 grades are released.
- May 3 (Jack) There will be a help session
3:00–5:00PM Sunday, May 10.
- May 3 (Jack) There will be no extra credit.
- Apr 29 (Jake) PA9 grades are released.
- Apr 20 (Jake) PA8 grades are released.
- Apr 10 (Jake) PA7 grades are released.
- Mar 24 (Jake) PA6 grades are released.
- Mar 22 (Jack) Midterm mean was 82.78
| Score || Count
| 101 || 1
| 90–100 || 26
| 80–89 || 27
| 70–79 || 12
| 60–69 || 5
| 51–59 || 7
- Mar 12 (Jake) PA5 are regraded, and the grades are updated both in RamCT and Checkin.
- Mar 8 (Jack) There will be no help session Sunday, March 15th, due to Spring Break. There will be one on March 22nd.
- Mar 5 (Jake) PA5 grades are released.
- Feb 16 (Jake) PA4 grades are released.
- Feb 9 (Jake) PA3 grades are released.
- Feb 2 (Jake) PA2 grades are released.
- Feb 1 (Jake) PA1 grades are graded for new submissions and updated now in Checkin and RamCT.
- Jan 27 (Jack) Extra time for PA1 (yes, PA1) until 10:00pm Friday.
- Jan 24 (Jack) Office hours now in the syllabus.
- Jan 20 (Jack) Yes, there will be recitations (labs) the first week.
- Jan 19 (Jack) Piazza discussion board
- Jan 8 (Jack) Working on the website