PART A DUE:
11:59PM, Friday, November 14, 2014
PART B DUE:
11:59PM, Sunday, November 16, 2014
Goal: This Discussion Assignment asks you to practice concepts related to
the Observer pattern.
The Observer pattern described in the Larman text and the notes
specifies how to separate Observer objects from Subject objects.
The pattern does not precisely state whether a ConcreteSubject
or ConcreteObserver or something else should invoke the
Answer the question: Who should invoke notify() and when?
Or perhaps you think that the Observer pattern should not
be used at all.
Justify your answer and and provide options.
- See if your discussion group can reach a consensus on this issue.
- Discuss this with the other members of your topic forum.
Part A (5 points)
- Part A consists of your initial suggestions to the group
- This must be more than
or "Sounds good!"
Be sure to clearly state the reasons or rationale behind your
If you have access to facts or other opinions that
support your opinion, cite those references
Part B (2 + 3 = 5 points)
- Part B consists of responding to the initial postings (2 points) the final group posting to the Main topic forum (3 points)
- This posting should include
a consensus answer, if a consensus is reached.
You may describe areas where you are in agreement
and those where you are not.
- If you include quotation or thoughts from other sources,
be sure to cite them appropriately
(author, title, publisher, page, etc.).
- You may use HTML within these messages.