Object-Oriented Problem Analysis (Domain Modeling)
PART A DUE:
11:59PM, Friday 18 September 2015
PART B DUE:
11:59PM, Sunday 20 September 2015
Goal: To practice concepts related to
Consider again a university library system
which maintains records on its
collection of books (both on-the-shelf and checked-out),
and on library users.
- Identify a set of conceptual classes for the university library system
relevant to the use cases your group posted for D3.
- Identify all associations between conceptual classes.
- Identify all relevant attributes.
- Sketch a class diagram.
Discuss this with the other members of your discussion group.
Part A (5 points)
- In the private group called "D4", make your initial posting of the class diagram to the group (5 points).
- This must be more than
or "Sounds good!"
Be sure to clearly state the reasons or rationale behind your
If you have access to facts or other opinions that
support your opinion, cite those references.
Part B (2+3 = 5 points)
- In the private group "D4", comment on the first posting of some other student in your group (worth 2 points).
- In the private group "D4", prepare as a group a final posting that lists all of the concepts, their attributes, and all associations between concepts that your group have agreed upon.
- You are not required to create a final diagram, but you can choose to do one.
- Make a final group posting to the public "Final group posting: Discussion Assignment 4". Indicate your group number in the thread title. (3 points)
- If you include quotation or thoughts from other sources,
be sure to cite them appropriately
(author, title, publisher, page, etc.).
- You may use HTML within these messages.