A6. Test Input Generation Tools
11:59PM, Tuesday, 18 April 2016
The goal of this assignment is to gain experience with a couple of automatic test input generation tools.
- Randoop: Click here for instructions on installation and usage. Get the Java version.
- EvoSuite: Click here for instructions on installation and usage.
For each tool, perform the following tasks:
- Install the software.
- Generate test cases for your Chess program from assignment A1.
- Explore the generated test inputs. Create a report showing the number of test cases generated. Comment on what you found interesting about the test inputs.
- Insert five faults of your choice one by one in the code. See if the generated test cases find them. Include a description of the fault (e.g., file name, line number, what you changed) and whether it was detected. If it was, describe the test case that detected it.
Type the answers to the above questions in a document called a6.pdf.
Submit the file using Assignment Submission in Canvas.
- Randoop: 10 points
- EvoSuite: 10 points