Yashwant K. Malaiya
Professor, Computer Science Department
- Voice: (970) 491-7031,
Fax: (970) 491-2466
- Email: malaiya@ cs.colostate.edu
Computer Science Department
1873 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1873
- Office location:
356 Computer Science Building
- Biographical information,
Erdös number 2
- Software and hardware testing
- Software and hardware Reliability
Reliability growth for design faults,
Relationship between test coverage and reliability.
- Security vulnerabilities
Discovery process modeling,
Some books that use our results:
- Secure Coding in C and C++,
Robert C. Seacord, Addison-Wesley Professional; Sep 9 2005,
(Vulenrability discovery Data, see related paper)
- Software Measurement and Estimation: A Practical Approach
by Linda M. Laird and M. Carol Brennan,
John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd.; May 18 2006,
(Module size and complexity, see related paper)
- A large Scale validation of A methodolgy for Assessing Software Reliability,
C.S. Smidts, Y. Shi, M. Li, W. Kong, J. Dai,July 2011, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory
Commission.(Fault Exposure Ratio, see
Random testing of
digital circuits: theory and applications, René David, CRC Press, 1998. (Detectability
Profile concept, see
Digital hardware testing: transistor-level fault modeling and testing,
Rochit Rajsuman, Artech House Publishers, 1992.(IDDQ Testing, see
Some press and comments about our work:
- Heading off the hackers:
Research predicts software vulnerabilities CSU Magazine, pages 13-14.
- Is Internet Explorer More Secure than Firefox?, Kate Green, MIT Techology review, Sept. 21, 2006.
- Software Flaws Can Be Predicted, David Utter, SecurityProNews, July 3, 2006.
- Modell zur Vorhersage von Sicherheitslucken, von Frank Ziemann, PCWelt, July 4, 2006
- Researchers look to predict software flaws, Robert Lemos, July 10, 2006,
also at SecurityFocus, July 7, 2006.
- CSU team crushes computer bugs, Christine McManus, Coloradoan, July 10, 2006.
Editor's Eye, Jon Erickson, Dr. Dobb's Portal, July 3, 2006.
- Un progetto di ricerca per prevedere il numero di errori nel softwarePaolo De Nictolis,13-07-2006.
Testing, Reliability & Security Research Group: Publications/Reports
Computer Science Department Home Page
- CS470: Computer Architecture
CS530DL: Fault-Tolerant Computing
- CS635: Adv. Fault-Tolerant Computing
CS150: Interactive Programming with Java
CS270: Computer Organization