The project entails finding (papers or a web site on) some interesting topic
in Parallel Computing (e.g., a Parallel Programming Language, or System, or
Algorithm) and writing a one page note on it. The goal is to teach yourself (and us)
something exciting in Parallel Computing, and to concisely communicate that.
The note should draw the reader's attention to an interesting subject in
Parallel or High Performance Computing. It should contain four sections:
- A brief but complete description of the subject. This description should
be understandable on its own, i.e., without the need to read other papers or
- A title and author header.
- A short description of the technical details of the subject.
- A brief explanation of the importance and impact of the subject -- why
should anyone care.
- A brief prediction of the future impact of the subject on Computer
Science in particular, and society as a whole.
The note should end with a bibliography of references that you studied
(papers, web sites, etc.)
Submit a pdf(project.pdf) file via Checkin.