- Required Text:
- Supplementary Texts:
There are no recommended supplementary texts. A lot of the material
we use for CORBA, EJB, Jini, and SOAs can be obtained from sample
textbook chapters off the internet. Feel free to purchase books that
are related to specific technologies.
Selected papers from journals or conferences will be made available
- Lecture slides:
Class notes will be availble on RamCT.
- Useful links on the WWW:
- Jini in a NutShell - sample chapter
- Jini - Example by Example - sample chapter
- Core Jini - Sample chapters
- Applying Enterprise JavaBeans - Matena et al.
- Pattern Oriented Software Architecture: Some of the patterns available in
the book Pattern-Oriented
Software Architecture, Volume 2: Patterns for Concurrent and Networked
Objects --- Douglas Schmidt, Michael Stal, Hans Rohnert, Frank Buschmann,
John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition Vol 2 (September 25, 2000), ISBN 0471606952.
will be discussed in class. Here are some online resources:
- Service Access and Configuration Patterns
- Event Handling Patterns
- Synchronization Patterns
- Concurrency Patterns