- Required Texts:
- Distributed Systems: Concepts and Design by George Coulouris, Jean Dollimore, and Tim Kindberg, Addison Wesley/ Pearson Education, ISBN: 0321263545, 4th edition, June 2005.
- Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture, Volume 2: Patterns for Concurrent and Networked Objects --- Douglas Schmidt, Michael Stal, Hans Rohnert, Frank Buschmann, John Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition Vol 2 (September 25, 2000), ISBN 0471606952.
- Supplementary Texts:
There are no recommended supplementary texts. A lot of the material
we use for CORBA, EJB, Jini, and SOAs can be obtained from sample
textbook chapters off the WWW. Feel free to purchase books that
are related to specific technologies.
Selected papers from journals or conferences will be made available
- Lecture slides:
Class notes will be availble on WebCT.
- Useful links on the WWW:
- Jini in a NutShell - sample chapter
- Jini - Example by Example - sample chapter
- Core Jini - Sample chapters
- Applying Enterprise JavaBeans - Matena et al.