- Presentation by Joe Walkuski
- Chair: Grace Walkuski (unanimous)
- Vice Chair: Amber Nolte(unanimous)
- Treasurer: Tori Shuey (unanimous)
- Secretary: Tori Mitchell (unanimous)
Vice-Chair Megan Hofmann lead the meeting.
We discussed the following topics:
– There will be a Cardboard workshop on 10/21/15. An RSVP is required.
– This past Wednesday, four ACM-W members attended an HP event and gave ideas about how the company can make itself more accessible to students.
– It was suggested that we have joint social events with businesses and corporations.
– We are in the process of setting up a bank account.
– Next Friday, members will be giving presentations about computer science to students at Lakewood High School.
– We discussed having more joint events with the ACM.
– We will be setting up a separate mailing list for active members so as not to overwhelm casual subscribers with event planning details.
The 2016 CRA-W Grad Cohort Workshop will be held at the Hilton San Diego Bay Front in San Diego, California on April 15-16, 2016.
The CRA-W Grad Cohort program, initiated in 2004, is generously funded by sponsors from industry, academia, the National Science Foundation, and the computing community. Grad Cohort aims to increase the ranks of senior women in computing by building and mentoring nationwide communities of women through their graduate studies.
At the Grad Cohort Workshop, we welcome women graduate students in their first three years of graduate school into the community of computing researchers and professionals.
Participants will meet for two days with 20 to 25 senior computing researchers and professionals, who will share pertinent information on graduate school survival skills, as well as more personal information and insights about their experiences. The rewards of a research career will be emphasized. The workshop will include a mix of formal presentations and informal discussions and social events. Through this workshop, students will be able to build mentoring relationships and develop peer networks that will form the basis for ongoing activities during their graduate careers.
Reasonable travel expenses, meals, and lodging will be provided for students chosen to participate in this program.
For questions about the Grad Cohort program, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and application: http://cra.org/cra-w/events/grad-cohort-workshop-2016/
We discussed upcoming events:
Next week’s meeting is cancelled